Tuesday 10 August 2010

We made it!


It is with a great sense of accomplishment that I say we made it.

Six thousand odd kilometres on the bike in three weeks is nothing to sneeze at.

But we did it and had a ball while we did.

I must say a huge thank you to our friends along the way who gave us meals, and/or accommodation. It was lovely to see you in your homes and to spend time enjoying your part of the north.

Special thanks to one friend who crossed a border to come and have dinner with us. A hilarious night of fun and frivolity learning to play Viking games and drinking red wine. I still stick to the point that the boys were cheating though!!

We really needed 3 months to see and do everything along our way. I think we had a good "taste" though and it has left us wanting to go back and visit certain places.

Over the next few weeks I will post highlights from the trip with photos. This week I am catching up on correspondence, washing/shopping/cleaning gear and daily life.

Most of my time however will be dedicated to the boys. Eric is growing at an enormous rate and has changed from a kitten to a young cat in our absence. Guy is just his usual gorgeous self. I missed them terribly while away and was extremely grateful to the updates from our friends who babysat for us. Cannot thank them enough for moving in and looking after my furbabies for 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment