Tuesday 16 March 2010

A Sad Post


I have some sad news to report.

Our good friends in Sydney lost a member of the family.

I have been too "teary" to write about it before now. Every time I started writing I had to stop. It seems like yesterday that I was there and she seemed so much more calm and placid and healthy. Unfortunately, this was far from the truth.

These friends have hearts bigger than all of Australia. Ripley was a lovely puppy, but she had major health problems. They didn't care, they just loved her and cared for her better than anyone else could have ever done.

Unfortunately Rips life was cut short a week ago. After a horrible episode she had to put to sleep. A terrible shame, but a necessity.

I just know that if there is a doggy heaven, that Ripley is up there running free with Smeagol and is a happy care free puppy for ever.

Our animals really do become family members and it is heartbreaking when they go.

7 comments:

  1. oh it is sad, isn't it?

    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very sad Debbie. I'm am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. It is very sad, but hopefully now she is in a better place and we all know she is not suffering which is important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have said and meant: "People are garbage compared to dogs." It's sometimes so true, isn't it?
    That picture is gorgeous, she is gorgeous!
    (You know me as "gingerpale" from C&Z--so I remember you talking about "furbabies" for a few years now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought your writing was a bit familiar.... but couldn't figure out why. How lovely that you have joined us here! Thank you.

    Yes, our furbabies are so important to our lives and sometimes they are more honest and true than people.

    I was pleased when I looked through my photos and had one of Ripley that was so nice. So often we don't take photos when we should and then it is too late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Debbie, I am so sorry. I firmly believe that when you bring a pet into your home that it is your responsibility to make sure they have a good life. Thank goodness she was blessed with a family that loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hear hear!

    BTW, how is Barney? He is another that is just too cute for words.

    Guy is going to a new pet nanny next week. I am sooo nervous. The poor girl must think I am neurotic. I have given her so many instructions already in regards to my furbaby.

    ReplyDelete